in cooperation with
The 5th Annual Fall Trauma Conference
Trauma, Food and the Body
with featured speaker
Stephanie Covington Armstrong
and afternoon workshop speakers from
Friday, October 20, 2017 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
900 High Street (PEACE United Church), Santa Cruz 95060
Conference speakers and workshops will provide professionals, students and interested people a day-long learning experience to better understand how trauma affects a person’s relationship with their food and their body. Somatic processes will be explored and effective treatments will be discussed.
Join us for this amazing opportunity to learn more about our own selves and our collective selves.
CEUs (6 hours) provided by the EMDR Institute.
Ask for the conference discount at Dream Inn of Santa Cruz (see below).
Email email@example.com to learn more about participating in the 2017 conference by:
- having a display table for your services or agency;
- nominating a speaker;
- presenting a workshop.
The Dream Inn has been the Fall Trauma Conference hospitality sponsor every year. They are offering a room rate of $189 for the night if booked by September 4, 2017. To make a reservation please call the reservation department at 831-426-4330 and ask for the Santa Cruz Trauma Consortium Room Block. For more information on the hotel, visit the Dream Inn Santa Cruz website.
- Dr. Omar Minwalla, speaking about trauma and sexuality (2016);
- Dr. Janina Fisher, speaking about trauma, dissociation and safety (2015);
- Dr. Vincent Felitti, co-principal investigator, discussing the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study (2014);
- Gabriella Grant, director of the California Center of Excellence for Trauma Informed Care, presenting the Seeking Safety model for trauma-informed care (2013).